From May 26th employers could register to claim back certain Statutory Sick Payments (SSP). You can make the claim using the online service using your ID number from when you registered for PAYE online. If you haven`t registered for the PAYE online service yet you will need to do so if you wish to make a claim.
There are alternative ways to make a claim if you do not want to, or can`t, claim online, but the online service is very easy to use, and you can also get an agent to claim on your behalf.
What Information You Need To Make A Claim
Here are the things you will need if you wish to make a claim for SSP payments:
- Your PAYE reference number from when you registered online.
- Details of your bank account where you can accept BACS payments to.
- A contact name and telephone number where they can contact you if they have any queries about the claim.
- The total amount of SSP you have paid out to your employees since the Covid-19 pandemic broke out and the scheme was launched.
- The total number of employees that you are putting in a claim for.
- The start and end date of the claim period. The start date of your claim is the start date of the earliest pay period you are claiming for and the end date of your claim is the end date of the most recent pay period. you are claiming.
The Importance Of Keeping Records
The above shows the importance of keeping records of all the SSP you have paid out over the claim period if you want to claim this money back. As with everything in business, records of all financial activities are essential to be on top of all the work, keep a tight ship and be in a position to grow your business in a safe and secure manner. The most successful businesses know their incomings and outgoings on a weekly basis and are therefore able to plan accordingly.
For SSP purposes you will need records of the dates any employee was off sick, which of those days were actually qualifying days to claim back the money, the reason why they were off work sick, and the employee`s National Insurance number.
A Partner Who Will Give You Sound Business Advice
If you need an agent to sort out your SSP, or an accountant to help secure and grow your business over the coming weeks and months, and who will partner with you to ensure you get the very best financial help and advice, we are here to help you.
WHR Accountants have a wealth of knowledge and experience in helping both large, medium and small business enterprises realise their potential. If you need a reliable, professional accountancy team right now with an unrivaled reputation in the business please get in touch with the team by giving us a call on 028 3752 2909, we would very much like to hear from you.